Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Change of Plans

Unfortunately, the person that I was writing about hasn't been able to get back to me in a timely manner - as I had hoped. So instead, I had to come up with a back up plan this weekend, when it hit me that I didn't have the research to write a compelling story.

Instead, I had to fenagle with a few of my friends to come up with an alternative. Fortunately, I was able to - even if it was last minute. Unfortunately, the person (Christina Celentano) lives out in NY, but she did respond back to me right away and soon enough I got a phone number and a few phone interviews.

I was hard pressed to make the story happen, even up till last night I was giving Christina one last phone call.

The one thing I wasn't really able to get information on, especially sufficient information was from other sources. I talked to only a few of her friends and family briefly, either on the phone or via AIM (the internet is such an amazing tool). But the time I spent talking to them wasn't enough, for the rewrite I will definitely have to do additional research, starting /today/ and the rest of this week.

The story's angle is mostly on acceptance and accepting the changes one finds in their life. And Christina has had to do a lot of that. So, we'll see.

No comments: